|You may benefit from Conscious Sedation if you have a lot of stress, fear or anxiety about going to the dentist. If "you are afraid of the dentist", or if you need or require a lot of dental treatment, you should consider the use of Conscious Sedation. Conscious Sedation is sometimes called "Sedation Dentistry" or "Relaxation Dentistry".
Conscious Sedation will allow most people to overcome the stress, fear, and anxiety associated with dental treatment, because they can relax during their dental visit.
Previous bad dental experiences can cause fear and anxiety about dentists and dentistry. If these feelings are preventing you from getting the dentistry that you need, Conscious Sedation can help you.
Conscious Sedation is safe affordable and effective.
Many people have a fear of needles, have had difficulty getting numb, or have a bad gag reflex. These are a few of the problems that people may encounter which can prevent them from seeking the dental care that they need. All of these people can be helped with conscious sedation.
When someone is sedated and relaxed it is possible to complete a large amount of complex dental treatment during a single visit to the dentist. People often have little or no memory of their dental visit.
If you exhibit any of the following characteristics, "Sedation Dentistry" may help you:
Patients who are on other medications should consult with their medical doctor before taking sedatives. Previous allergic reactions to other drugs should also be reported to the your dentist.
- Fear, stress, or anxiety about going to the dentist
- People who desire a beautiful and natural smile and have fear and anxiety associated with dentistry
- Fear of needles
- You are hard to get numb
- Dental phobia
- A history of bad dental experiences
- Painful or sensitive teeth
- Afraid to go to the dentist
- You are troubled with a bad gag reflex
- Difficulty controlling movement from conditions such as Cerebral Palsy or Parkinson's disease
- You need complex treatment requiring long dental appointments
- People who have limited time to complete their required treatment and want to accomplish a lot in a single appointment. Treatment which typically requires multiple visits can often be accomplished in a single visit.